- Investing in the safety and security of children in the foster care system through financial support of Clear Creek Farm.
- Supporting the young people of Miami County and their futures by helping establish The Future Begins Today program and scholarships.
- Creation of the Targeted Acts of Kindness initiative that provided flexible, timely support to area nonprofits with urgent needs as they served clients through the pandemic.
- Creation of the Duke Foundation Challenge in 2011 to encourage fundraising for 11 safety-net nonprofits. The initiative went so well that the Duke Foundation doubled the amount allocated for this initiative, deploying a total of $200,000 into the community.
Paul G. Duke Academy for Community Leadership
To help support the future success of philanthropic efforts in the area, the Duke Foundation has made a legacy commitment to leadership training and strategic planning for nonprofit organizations through the Paul G. Duke Academy for Community Leadership, in partnership with Edison State Community College.
Miami County Organizations Supported by the Duke Foundation
- Brukner Nature Center
- Child Care Choices, Inc.
- City of Troy
- Clear Creek Farm
- Community Food Truck Blessing Box
- Edison Foundation
- Edison State Community College
- Family Abuse Shelter of Miami County, Inc.
- First Place Food Pantry
- First United Church of Christ
- The Future Begins Today
- Girl Scouts of Western Ohio
- Hayner Cultural Center
- Health Partners Free Clinic
- Hospice of Miami County, Inc.
- Isaiah's Place
- Kids Read Now
- Lincoln Community Center
- Maple Tree Cancer Alliance
- Miami County Cattlemen’s Association
- Miami County Continuum of Care
- Miami County Dental Clinic
- Miami County Recovery Council, Inc.
- Miami County YMCA
- Miami Valley Veterans Museum
- New Creation Counseling Center, Inc.
- New Path Inc.
- Overfield Tavern Museum
- Partners In Hope Inc.
- Pink Ribbon Girls, Inc.
- Piqua Arts Council
- Piqua Compassion Network
- Prevent Blindness Ohio
- Richards Chapel United Methodist Church
- Saint Patrick Soup Kitchen
- St. John's United Church of Christ
- Seeds of Hope OH
- Shelby County United Way
- The Troy Foundation
- Tipp Monroe Community Services
- Troy Civic Theatre Inc.
- Troy Community Works! Corporation
- Troy Development Council
- Troy Lions Charities, Inc.
- Troy Main Street, Inc.
- Troy Mayors Concerts
- Troy Recreation Association, Inc.
- Troy Senior Citizens Center
- Troy-Miami County Public Library
- Upper Valley Career Center
- WACO Historical Society, Inc.
"Over 20 years ago, Pat Robinson identified a gap in the availability of quality educational and training opportunities for nonprofit leaders in West Central Ohio. From her vision, the Paul G. Duke Academy for Community Leadership has been the growing edge in training and nurturing leaders through the collaboration of The Duke Foundation and Edison State Community College.
The Edison State Community College Center for Leadership Development is grateful for the collaborative partnership with the Duke Foundation in helping over 350 individuals in West Central Ohio make a difference on their nonprofit boards and in their communities.” – Dr. Richard Alan Hanes, vice president of advancement, strategic planning and partnerships for Edison State Community College and executive director of The Edison Foundation.